WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE OF DOMAINE VALENTIN ZUSSLIN
Established in 1691 by M. Jodocus CISLE (former name of Zusslin), Domaine Valentin ZUSSLIN is now run by two generations of the Zusslin family who are following in the footsteps of their forbears.
Marie Zusslin and Jean Paul Zusslin (sister and brother) have managed the company since 2000.
The winery is based in Orschwihr, south of Colmar, and the vines are planted on the slopes of the Bollenberg, Clos Liebenberg and Grand Cru Pfingstberg.
In 1997 the domaine converted to biodynamic viticulture. Much of the work in the vineyard and in the cellar is done by hand, in order that the grapes can express the full potential of the unique terroirs of the Domaine.
Official certifications for biodynamic viticulture :
• ECOCERT SAS FRANCE
• DEMETER the trademark for products from Biodynamic® production
• BIODYVIN www.biodyvin.com
International biodynamic wine growers association (SIVCBD)
• Member of “Return to Terroir” Association.
• Total production per year: 90,000 bottles
• Annual average production for Grand Cru wines:
• Ageing potential: 15 to 20 years
• Average yield: 25 hl/ha in Grand Cru Pfingstberg,
50 hl /ha in Clos Liebenberg
• Total planted area: 14.5 ha (35.8 acres)
• 3 terroirs and 9 grape varieties
• 13th generations